Vegetable juices are one of those miraculous foods that could bring health benefits that no pill can. Although vegetable juicing is not a wide spread practice, it is slowing making its way into the natural health and healing community. Americans have become one of the sickest species on this planet to date. Due to the Standard American Diet (SAD Diet) which contains processed food and sugary drinks, disease rates continue to rise. These packages items contain chemicals and preservatives that stay in our systems and disrupt bodily functions. Fast foods contain chemical cocktails that keep people addicted and are toxic to hormonal systems. Aside from having little nutritional value, the items that line the supermarket shelf are full of fructose, MSG, sodium, food dyes, and unpronounceable ingredients. Even the fresh produce is unhealthy to eat because of the conventional farming practices of using chemical fertilizers and toxic pesticides. The human body was designed to be healthy and has the ability heal itself from disease, but without the raw material to do so; many have fallen into ill health. Vegetable juicing can provide the body with the proper ingredients it needs to be vital and healthy again.
When the juice of raw organic vegetables are extracted, you have juice that is full of living enzymes, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that are going to be utilized by your body immediately. Many people with chronic health issues also have problems with digestion and absorption. By utilizing the juice of the vegetables, we bypass having to breakdown the fibers to get to the vitamins and minerals. Vegetable juice is also superior to any multivitamin because it is providing the right ratio of nutrition that is best for our bodies. Nature intended nutrients to complement one another and not to be used in isolation. Drinking vegetable juice can reverse malnutrition and provide the body with the materials it needs to detoxify chemicals and heal.
Get started immediately with a juicer from a local retailer. Better yet, invest on a more expensive juicer designed to juice leaves. These would be the twin gear juicers from Omega, Samson, or Greenpower . Use only organic produce because we want to avoid ingesting more pesticides. For beginners start with celery, spinach, green beans, or cauliflower. Notice fruits and underground vegetables were not included because the sugar contents in them will raise insulin levels. Then try kale, collard greens, cabbage (red or green), lettuces (romaine, red leaf, green), dandelion, or mustard greens. Be sure to thoroughly clean the vegetables with vinegar or citrus wash. Also rotate the produce so you body can absorb nutrients from a variety of vegetables.
People drink energy drinks to get a boost and then crash later on. Try a few ounces of fresh kale juice and notice long lasting energy all day. Sluggishness, fatigue, blood sugar imbalances, and weight issues benefit highly from consistent juicing. There are studies that show that drinking 2-4 oz. of kale juice for three months will bring cholesterol levels down to normal. With the many benefits of juicing vegetables, get started today. You will notice your body changing for the better because you are supplying concentrated nutrition as well as balancing pH levels with drinking vegetable juice. Best wishes to your health.
Allergies can be the nuisance that ruins that beautiful weekend or makes the theater experience unbearable. My allergies were so bad that my eyes became uncontrollably itchy and nasal passages plugged up when I went entered the symphony auditorium. The air was dust filled from the audience sitting and moving about the carpeted hall and upholstered chairs. Although the most harmonious music was filled the hall, all I could focus on was when my misery will end. I wanted to tear my eyes out for the itchiness and I couldn’t breathe through my nose. That was 10 years ago and I haven’t suffered these types of reactions in years. After many years of searching for a cure, I have narrowed it down to a few practical lifestyle changes that will help improve and even reverse allergy conditions.
An allergic reaction happens when our bodies produce an immune response to a foreign substance that our bodies see as a threat. This is the bodies’ way of telling us that the substance is harmful and should be avoided. Some of us break out in rashes on the skin and some sneeze uncontrollably. Though when this happens on a daily basis and your body seems to hyper react to almost everything, it is not normal. Chronic allergies stem from an underlying imbalance in the system that could be corrected. I have personally suffered from this condition for over 20 years and have found ways that alleviated these allergies permanently.
When the immune is out of balance and constantly bombarded with toxins, allergic foods, and stress, it will cause your body to be hypersensitive to anything it is exposed to. Even a minute amount of dust in the air can cause a histamine response. Bringing the body back into balance and allowing the immune to respond properly is the only way to treat allergies naturally and permanently. The following are beginning steps to an allergy free life and also better health in general.
- Reduce Stress: The mind-body connection is stronger than what the western society gives it credit for. Emotional, physical and work stress impacts our health. Try to identify your life’s main stressors and reduce them as much as possible. Find time to relax and allow your body to recover from the fight or flight response of stress. Meditation, deep breathing, or listening to calming music is very effective.
- Exercise: Physical activity is a way to reduce stress and allow the blood to flow. The human body was made to move and not sit at a cubicle for 10-12 hours a day. The goal is not to run a marathon or do cardio exercises for 2 hours straight. A good balance of having some cardio, flexibility training, and weight bearing activity each week would be good. Even just walking 20 minutes a day will change your health tremendously. So, dust off that yoga mat and take out those walking shoes. There is no formula that will work for everyone, but movement of any kind will help the immune strengthen.
- Consider food allergies: I never knew I was allergic to wheat & gluten until I was tested. Once I stopped eating wheat & gluten products, the itchy eyes and runny nose stopped. The inflammation these foods were causing on the body caused my immune to hyper-react to everything else. The most common allergic foods are: Wheat, gluten, soy, milk, and peanuts. Allergic foods take a toll on the body and can be the basis for more degenerative conditions like arthritis. Try avoiding a these foods on a rotating basis for a week each and see if there is a difference. Otherwise get tested by a trusted health practitioner.
- Clean up your environment: Decrease toxic exposure from chemical cleaning products and skin care products. Everything we breathe and put on our skin goes into our blood streams. Irritants and chemicals are sources that cause immune responses. If there is mold in your house, pay someone to clean it up. Choose to live in a place that is not carpeted, otherwise vacuum with a heap filter frequently.
- Drink clean water: Our bodies need clean water to keep things moving. Dehydration causes a buildup of toxins that further weakens our immune system. You should be drinking half your body weight in ounces. So if you weigh 100 pounds, drink 50 oz. of water every day. Don’t drink tap water. Drinking spring water is the best, but having reverse osmosis or ultra purified water would be good too.
- Take probiotics: 80% of our immune lives in the digestive track. If the intestines are weak, constipated, or inflamed from a poor diet, probiotics will help balance the flora. Many of us have Candida or yeast overgrowth. Probiotics will begin to balance this condition.
For years, I have taken over the counter and prescription drugs to reduce the histamine from my allergies only to find that in two weeks I had to change to a different drug because the effects have worn out. I knew drugs were not the solution, so I began searching for a permanent solution to allergies and found that only lifestyle changes can have a long lasting effect on the allergies that I once suffered from. First avoiding irritants that are causing allergic responses and then building the immune up will help the body heal. If you are tired from feeling sick and not being able to breath, look for an alternative health care practitioner that could assist you with healing. Best wishes for your health.
Gout is an inflammatory joint disorder which causes episodes of severe pain, redness and swelling of the joint. It usually affects the big toe but can also affect other joints, especially those of the leg. The cause of gout lies in the blood uric acid levels which contributes to urate crystals forming around the joint. The treatment and management of gout focuses on easing the signs and symptoms during the attack and preventing further attacks. It is during this preventative period that alternative therapies like herbal medicine, homeopathy and naturopathy are the most effective for gout.
Alternative medicine is the oldest form of medicine around and indeed thousands of years ago it was the only form of medicine and one which millions of people relied upon for curing their problems and illnesses. As traditional medicine became more popular and more people took to going to a Doctor with an illness you would think that alternative medicine would be a thing of the past. However this is far from untrue and today there are millions of people worldwide who still use this form of medicine, either as a standalone form of healthcare or alongside more traditional methods.
Acupuncture is without a doubt one of the most popular and most recognised forms of alternative medicine in the UK. It is a form which has been practised for thousands of years and was taken from the ancient form of Traditional Chinese Medicine which the Chinese have practised and relied on for many complaints and illnesses. The Chinese believe that the body is mapped out with certain points along the body and by stimulating these points it can help with many illnesses and diseases.
Alternative medicine is becoming increasingly popular for many reasons, perhaps the biggest reason is the diversity in which it can be used and what it can be used for. Treatments range from taking medications by way of herbal treatments, aromatherapy, relaxing massage therapy and light forms of exercise. Along with this there can be very few side effects as there has been known to be with some drugs prescribed by traditional Doctors.
Essential oils and aromatherapy is a system which has been used for thousands of years in order to boost feelings and is well known for their therapeutic qualities. Today aromatherapy is a popular practise which is used in the home, the hospital, clinic, the workplace and school. Aromatherapy relies on the use of essential oils; essential oils are taken from plants. The plants roots, stems, fruits, leaves and bark are all used to extract the oils from.
One form of alternative medicine or alternative therapy that perhaps isn’t quite as widely known and used as many other forms of alternative medicine is aura soma. Aura soma simply put is colour healing, it is a non intrusive system of healing which aims to revitalise a person. While colour healing has always been around and known to be an alternative therapy, aura soma is a complete system based on colour healing. The aura soma system is an excellent way for those who wish to look into this unusual form of alternative therapy as everything which you need to get you started in included.
Ayurvedic medicine is a form of alternative medicine which is also called ayurveda, it is a total system of medicine which originated from India and has been used there for several thousands of years. The name ayurveda basically means “the science of life”.
Ayurveda is based on theories of illness and health and focuses on ways to prevent, treat and manage illness and problems. Being a total health care system it focuses on bringing together the mind, body and spirit and is thus classed by some as being a holistic form of medicine. The basis behind this theory is that if the mind and body is contented and happy then illness simply won’t exist.
There are many forms of alternative medicine and herbal remedies have always been one of the more popular forms. Herbal remedies are perhaps most well known as part of the Traditional Chinese medicine which has been used throughout the world for centuries and which derived from China. However another form of herbal remedies is quickly overtaking any that came before them; these are preparations from Dr Bach and are known as Bach flower remedies.